Fri, Aug 12|
Field Day: Together Farms
Conservation Walk & Talk
Time & Location
Aug 12, 2022, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM CDT
Together Farms, W93 Norden Rd, Mondovi, WI 54755, USA
About the Event
We will meet and do a farm tour, have a chance to hear about Intensive Rotational Grazing and take a Wagon ride around the farm prior to burger night. Learn how Stephanie has used her land with an eye to conservation and the health of the animals.
All women farmers, landowners and conservationists from Pierce, Pepin, Buffalo and surrounding counties are welcome to attend-- whatever your background, from beginners to experts!
Resource Experts Attending:
Stephanie Schneider, Together Farms
Kristin Foehringer, Soil Health Specialist, NRCS
Amy Mason, Farm Loan Officer, FSA
Kristen Peetz, Program Technician, FSA
Wisconsin Women in Conservation Host: Sara George, Renewing the Countryside
Snacks and Beverages provided plus $10 credit toward BURGER NIGHT
Location: Together Farms
Grass-fed Beef, Burger Nights, and Much More! Together Farms raises nutrient-dense, 100% grass-fed beef & lamb, and pastured pork organically, and without any weird stuff, on their Wisconsin family farm. And with seasonal events, like summer Burger Nights and Dinners on the Farm, you can experience a true farm-to-table meal. Food that fits your life.
- Event is free to attend but registration is required and space is limited.
- You are encouraged to stay for burger night on the farm and will receive a $10 coupon toward your meal!
- All women, or anyone who identifies as such in a significant way, are welcome to attend – from landowners to farmers to conservationist enthusiasts – whatever your background, from beginners to experts! Our WiWiC events follow a Learning Circle model, with ample time and a safe space for story sharing, networking and collaborative learning. We all have something to both share and learn together.
- Dress for the weather. Bring a sunhat, sunscreen and good walking shoes.
- This event is outdoors and no masks are required. Social distancing is encouraged.
- Photos will be taken at this event and used for educational purposes only by WiWiC and the partner groups. If you do not wish to have your picture taken, let the on-site WiWiC host know.
- WiWiC is a family-friendly space and you are welcome to bring your children. We will have some independent kids activities available.
About Wisconsin Women in Conservation
WiWiC is a state-wide collaborative effort led by the Michael Fields Agricultural Institute in partnership with Wisconsin Farmers Union, Renewing the Countryside and Marbleseed (formerly MOSES). A three-year multi-faceted project funded by the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), WiWiC brings together Wisconsin women landowners to connect and learn about conservation practices, resources, and funding opportunities.