Tue, Oct 10|
Green Bay Botanical Garden
Look Book Launch: North Central and North East
WiWiC Regional Conservation Celebration
Time & Location
Oct 10, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM CDT
Green Bay Botanical Garden, 2600 Larsen Rd, Green Bay, WI 54303, USA
About the Event
You're invited to come celebrate three years launching Wisconsin Women in Conservation/WiWiC and get a sneak peek on all the amazing things to come!
At this special one-time event, we will be honoring the incredible work of Wisconsin women throughout the state whose dedication to stewarding their land inspires us all. These stories are showcased in a new WiWiC publication, Wisconsin Women in Conservation: Portraits of Love on the Land, a Look Book showcasing a diverse collection of women's stories and experiences nurturing our soil.
Come celebrate with us and -- bonus! -- receive your own copy of this beautiful Look Book. Supplies limited.
Everyone is welcome to attend. We especially welcome back women who have attended WiWiC events over the past three years to celebrate all we have accomplished together - but the event is open to all -- whatever your conservation background, from beginners to experts!
Note for this special Look Book Launch party, a warm welcome to men to attend too!
Wisconsin Women in Conservation Hosts: Kirsten Slaughter, Wisconsin Farmers Union
Location: Green Bay Botanical Garden
9am - 5 p.m. guests can walk gardens before the event
- Event is free to attend but registration is required and space is limited.
- Everyone is welcome to attend – from landowners to farmers to conservationist enthusiasts – whatever your background, from beginners to experts!
- You are welcome to arrive early to walk around and view the beautiful Green Bay Botanical Gardens.
- Light appitizers will be provided by The Farmacy: Resorative Catering
- Cash bar is available during the event.
- Photos will be taken at this event and used for educational purposes only by WiWiC and the partner groups. If you do not wish to have your picture taken, let the on-site WiWiC host know.
- WiWiC is a family-friendly space and you are welcome to bring your children. We will have some independent kids activities available.
About Wisconsin Women in Conservation
WiWiC is a state-wide collaborative effort led by the Michael Fields Agricultural Institute in partnership with Wisconsin Farmers Union, Renewing the Countryside and Marbleseed (formerly MOSES). A three-year multi-faceted project funded by the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), WiWiC brings together Wisconsin women landowners to connect and learn about conservation practices, resources, and funding opportunities.