Fri, Aug 27|
Beaver Creek Reserve
West Central Workshop: Establish a Conservation Plan for your Land
Learn to Steward your Land for Future Generations
Time & Location
Aug 27, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Beaver Creek Reserve, S1 County Hwy K, Fall Creek, WI 54742, USA
About the Event
What’s the first and the most important step to stewarding your land for generations to come? Developing a conservation plan specific to your property that blends tested strategies with the unique nature of your land and your goals for it. Join us for an intensive session with a team of conservation experts and Conservation Coaches to identify tools, resources and funding opportunities to create your unique land conservation plan. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet and network with other women landowners in your area.
Tammy Lindsay, NRCS
Jamie Kraklow, Land Conservation
Harriet Behar, Conservation Coach
Cynthia Lane, TSP
Wisconsin Women in Conservation Host: Sara George & Elena Byrne
Field Day Details
- Event is free for women landowners but registration required.
- All women landowners are welcome to attend-- whatever your background, from beginners to experts!
- Masks required.
- The event will be OUTSIDE. Please dress for the weather and walking outside.
- Event will be outside. Please bring a water bottle, bug spray, portable chair, umbrella (for sun or rain), comfortable shoes for walking. Dress for the weather. Taking photos encouraged!
- WiWiC is a family-friendly space and you are welcome to bring your children. We will have some independent kids activities available.
About Wisconsin Women in Conservation
WiWiC is a state-wide collaborative effort led by the Michael Fields Agricultural Institute in partnership with Wisconsin Farmers Union, Renewing the Countryside and the Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES). A three-year multi-faceted project funded by the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), WiWiC brings together Wisconsin women landowners to connect and learn about conservation practices, resources, and funding opportunities.